IBAO brings major Canada insurance event back to Toronto
The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) has announced that it will be holding this year’s 99th Annual Convention at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto, from October 23-24, 2019.
The association brings the major industry event back to Toronto after holding last year’s convention in Niagara Falls.
“It’s been a challenging year for the industry, but brokers can affect real change with their collective power—that’s why this year’s theme is Stronger Together,” explained IBAO president Jeff Gatcke in a statement. “We’re celebrating the successes we’ve experienced and we’re encouraging all Ontario brokers to get involved.”
A release from the IBAO said that this year’s keynote will be delivered by David Chilton, the bestselling author behind The Wealthy Barber and a former Dragon on the CBC production Dragon’s Den. Chilton will share his approach on generating positive results from adversity.
The convention will feature other sessions, such as:
- Here Comes the Flood—How Climate Change is Impacting Water Systems | Alex & Tyler Mifflin, Creators & Hosts of The Water Brothers
- Marketing to Millennials | Andrew Au, Digital Transformation & Leadership Expert
- The Future of Insurance Regulation in Ontario | Tim Bzowey, Executive VP Auto/Insurance, FSRA & Don Forgeron, President & CEO, IBC
- The Talent Pipeline—Tackling Recruitment in Novel Ways
- Federal Election 2019 | Ginny Roth, VP, National Practice & Government Lead, Crestview Strategy
- Insurer Town Halls hosted by CAA Insurance, Economical Insurance, Gore Mutual, Intact Insurance, RSA, Travelers Canada and Wawanesa Insurance
- Getting the Right Things Done | Hamza Khan, Efficiency Expert
- CEO Panel moderated by Pete Tessier, host of The Insurance Podcast, featuring Economical Insurance, Intact Insurance, Pembridge Insurance, RSA Canada, Travelers Canada and Wawanesa Insurance
The convention also includes a tradeshow of more than 115 exhibitors. IBAO will also hold the Awards of Excellence Gala during the convention; comedian James Cunningham reprises his role last year as host of the awards event. There will also be a Hospitality Night featuring “valued” partners across the industry, a release said.
The IBAO is also trying something new this year; offering discounted pricing on entrance fees for young brokers.
“With the challenges of recruiting talent to the channel, we encourage up-and-coming brokers to participate this year,” IBAO CEO Colin Simpson explained. “Making connections and understanding what other brokers are doing is an invaluable part of this business.”